The Santa Lucia International Festival began last night, October 11, reaffirming its position as one of the largest cultural events in Latin America, and reinventing itself for times of pandemic with a completely virtual version offering the opportunity for people around the world to enjoy the cultural contributions of the festival.
Taking place from October 11 to November 29, the festival aims to bring happiness and hope to its spectators by bringing the arts to their homes. We know the importance of culture, that is why in this 2020 edition, in the global context of health, sanitary and security measures, we had to find a way to continue the festival and face the pandemic head on.
The Festival will go on with the use of virtual technology, digital and electronic media, as well as with mobile stages and pop-up shows in support of our artists, to show the world what can be done in Mexico.
The promoters of the festival will publish a lineup each week based on the state's health indicators. For the week of October 12, please see here.
In its Thirteenth Edition, the FISL will feature:
· 27 DAYS OF FESTIVAL DURING 7 WEEKS UNDER THE SLOGANS OF Hope, Unity, Gratitude, Pride, Love, Inspiration and Joy
· EL PROGRAMA CONTEMPLA 85 EVENTOS DE EXPRESIONES ARTÍSTICAS Y CULTURALES EN 32 LOCACIONES.
· 18 PARTICIPATING COMPANIES.
· MORE THAN 340 ARTISTS.
· 4 CONCERTS IN A NEW MODALITY.
· 2 EXHIBITIONS: LAS ARTES DE MONTERREY "BACK TO THE SOURCE" AND 5 ILLUMINATED BUILDINGS "LIGHTS OF HOPE".
· 90 PARTICIPATING INSTITUTIONS.