Updated: Nov 12, 2021
Self Mastery International and Sumak Travel have partnered to create Cultivating Self Love, an epic wellness retreat for women in Costa Rica, from December 5-12, 2021. The eight-day innovative retreat combines three of Costa Rica’s most sought-after experiences: unspoiled, pristine beaches; hiking in lush jungles observing diverse wildlife; and adventure activities.
COSTA RICA - September 30th, 2021 — Eighteen months into the pandemic, many are seeking ways to look after their mental health and acquire practical tools to thrive. At the same time, conscious travelers are looking for new ways to explore the beauty of Mother Nature, enjoy outdoor activities and find off-the-beaten-path experiences.
To address this need for adventure and wellbeing, Self Mastery International and Sumak Travel have partnered to create Cultivating Self Love, an epic wellness retreat for women in Costa Rica, from December 5-12, 2021.
Led by Peggy Farmer, Ph.D., a seasoned facilitator and guide, participants will enjoy a mix of ecotourism and wellbeing activities in San José and in the extraordinary Nicoya Peninsula, on the northern Pacific Coast.
“The Nicoya Peninsula boasts white sand beaches, lush tropical landscapes, exotic wildlife and majestic sunrises and sunsets,” said Felipe Zalamea, founder of Sumak Travel. “It is a Blue Zone and an ideal basecamp for wellness tourism and for outdoor explorations and adventures.”
During the retreat travelers will:
· Taste the best of Costa Rican contemporary and healthy cuisine in San José
· Enjoy the unspoiled beaches and the soul stirring sunrises in Montezuma
· Deepen their sense of self sovereignty and rescript their story to awaken the greatest, grandest version of self
· Embark on a kayaking adventure on the tranquil waters around Cabuya Island
· Hike to Cabo Blanco Nature Reserve, the very first natural protected area founded in Costa Rica
· Experience a magical dolphin and whale watching excursion in the Marine Protected Area of Cabo Blanco
· Admire untouched ecosystems and stunning sunsets in Manzanillo
· Take part in volunteering activities to protect sea turtles and foster conservation
· Experience an ancient Indigenous healing ceremony that benefits them and Mother Earth
This small group retreat (8 to 12 women) is priced from $3,130 per person, double occupancy or $3,995 per person in a single room. It includes wellness and tourism activities, domestic roundtrip flights between San José and Nicoya, lodging, all meals, ground transportation and 24/7 in-country assistance. All health and safety protocols for COVID-19 will be in place and any dietary requirement can be accommodated.
About The Author
Karen Lake - Senior Contributor
Karen is a senior contributor at TravelIndustryReporter.com and brings with her a wealth of knowledge about the travel industry. Karen is a native of the USA and has held various media and PR positions over the last 10 years. Karen is a graduate of Washington State University.
Contact by email